The primary responsibility of the Post Production Supervisor/Video Editor is to manage all aspects of Westfall Gold’s post-production video process. This individual serves as the content gatekeeper for the video team, ensuring that 100+ video projects/year move through the post-production process smoothly and on schedule. The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of video editing,video production processes and project management. They will be part of a small and mighty in-house production team that makes our work come together with impact, on time, and on budget. This is a 100% work-from-home position.
1. Plans and manages daily operations of the video post-production team. Coordinates schedules for 40+ freelance and in-house editors annually. Assists with scheduling edits and voiceover recordings. Creates and maintains a calendar of video editor commitments and availability. Assigns work to team members; helps clear obstacles to completion. Keeps team members informed on deliverables and timelines. Drives deadlines with internal and external teams.
2. Organizes and allocates resources for video projects. Collaborates with video team members in the creative execution of film projects. Uses Adobe Workfront project management software to coordinate projects and deadlines.
3. Builds content development strategy for Westfall Gold video projects, maximizing existing processes while introducing new strategies to expedite growth. Maintains awareness of strategies and solutions used in the industry. Recommends best practices, workflows, tools, and templates to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the complete process from client discovery to client approval.
4. Deeply understands traditional post production processes and editing technology. Understands the basics of media management, editing on Adobe Premiere Pro, and management of revisions on Frame.io.
5. Assists in recruiting and hiring personnel for post-production team.
6. Manages production records for department. Creates deal memos forIndependent Contractors. Approves invoices for accounting.
7. Maintains positive client and team relationships to deliver an extraordinary client experience. Engages with clients with integrity and professionalism, proactively communicating, and instilling confidence in Westfall Gold. Effectively collaborates with internal team members to deliver a unified, seamless experience for our clients.
Full time. Available to provide occasional after-hours support. Limited travel required.
● 8+ years of experience in post-production video management, in a fast-paced environment.
● Professional experience overseeing a team of 12+ editors.
● Professional experience managing post-production processes for 100+ finished videos /year.
● Ability to self-manage, to set and manage deadlines.
● Strong project and people management skills. Must be detail oriented and extremely organized.
● Good PR skills (writing and research skills; ability to pitch an idea and receive feedback)
● Ability to partner with a team to complete projects on time
● Fluency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
● Familiarity with Adobe Workfront project management software helpful but not required
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
To apply, please send your resume and answer to the question “Why I would love to work at Westfall Gold?” to: firstname.lastname@example.org